- Quinnipiac University suspends men’s lacrosse team
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
All posts tagged "flu"
Down with the sickness
College campuses are breeding grounds for illnesses and disease. University Medical Director for Student Health Services Phillip Brewer explains QU’s top five most common illnesses on campus. It’s winter – the time of year most people...
- Posted February 3, 2015
Health Center gives tips to avoid stomach virus
The Health Center warned students about the stomach virus last week. The stomach virus is contagious and causes vomiting and diarrhea. The virus is spread through oral contact and through sharing toilets with infected students. To keep...
- Posted February 26, 2014
Health Center prepares for flu season
The start of the spring semester is the busiest time of the year for the Health Center, according to Director for Student Health Services Alice Holland. Holland said the Health Center has taken a “proactive approach” in...
- Posted January 29, 2014
Health Center warns about flu
The Health Center is asking students with the flu to return home, rather than stay on campus. Students with flu-like symptoms will be treated at the Health Center. If the students have the flu, they will be...
- Posted January 21, 2014
5 flu and cold myths, BUSTED
As influenza season reaches its peak, many myths circulate about how to prevent both the flu and the common cold. While both are respiratory illnesses, the flu has worse symptoms than the common cold, including fever, extreme...
- Posted February 6, 2013
QU plans for flu outbreak
Students who are contagious with the flu will be sent home, according to a Jan. 11 email to students from the Interim Director of the Student Health Center Sheila Burke. Students who cannot go home because they...
- Posted January 25, 2013