- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls short in 65-63 loss to Canisius
- Dean of School of Communications Mark Contreras resigns
- Quinnipiac student robbed at gunpoint in Washington D.C.
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball splits opening MAAC weekend after loss to Rider
- Runnin’ the Point: New Year’s resolutions for Quinnipiac men’s basketball
- Murphy’s Law: Milestone mania
- Pecknold gets 500th win as Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey cruise past Colgate
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey captain Melissa Samoskevich drafted No. 2 in NWHL Draft
- The gift of education
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls to Drexel in final game of Holiday Showcase
All posts tagged "crime"
The Clery Act
The university has released its annual Jeanne Clery Act Report, displaying the crime on campus for the past year. The report, which displays statistics for fire incidents, burglary, theft, assault, violence against women, manslaughter and murder, shows...
- Posted October 19, 2016
Police continue investigation into video that led to sophomore’s arrest
Two students reporting a video they saw on Snapchat to a Resident Assistant led to last week’s arrest of sophomore Nicholas Pappas. Pappas, of Bayside, New York, was arrested on Jan. 29 for possession of four weapons...
- Posted February 4, 2016
Slavery in New Haven
In 1850, an average slave in the American South cost $40,000 in today’s dollar. Today, a slave in terms of human trafficking costs about $90. Human trafficking is the illegal movement of people, typically for the purposes...
- Posted April 29, 2015
Hamden crime rates increase
Some students who live off campus, such as junior Kevin Pollard, take more safety precautions living off campus due to crime in the area. “Based on the stuff that’s happened, we definitely always need to lock our...
- Posted February 4, 2015
Clery Act: 663 liquor violations, four sexual offenses reported in 2013
The number of reported sex offenses, drug-related arrests, liquor violations and hate crimes increased on campus in 2013, according to 2014 Clery Act crime statistics released Wednesday. There were 663 reported liquor violations on campus in 2013,...
- Posted October 1, 2014
New Haven crime increasing
The New Haven Police Department has seen a rise in crime within the city since late August, the precise time that students returned to Quinnipiac. This rise in crime has occurred primarily in the city’s entertainment district,...
- Posted September 25, 2013
Clery Act: Quinnipiac’s own crime report
One forcible sex offense, three aggravated assaults and three burglaries. That is the number of times those crimes occurred on Quinnipiac University’s campus in 2011. It is also the kind of information that can be found in...
- Posted November 14, 2012