- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
- Students’ families displaced after Massachusetts fires on Thursday
- Poppin’ fall films
- Serena’s struggle with sexism
- Local Hot Spot: Roost
- AJR burned Fall Fest down
- Flint takes the stage
All posts tagged "body image"
How to hate your appearance: three quick tips
Women’s Studies and English professor Kim O’Neill conducts unofficial polls in her classes regarding many topics, including body image. As it turns out, the results aren’t always pretty (pun definitely intended). To administer the polls, she would...
- Posted September 24, 2015
The Fitspo trend
For decades, women have been told to be skinny. Eat this, not that. Anorexia went through the roof during the 1990s, but more recently, this attitude toward being skinny has shifted. Women have begun fighting back, and...
- Posted April 30, 2014
Author Jennifer Tress encourages positive self esteem
Speaker and author Jennifer Tress addressed more than 60 members of the university community on self-esteem and body image on Tuesday, March 4. “From a young age, we always center on looks – we tell children, ‘You’re...
- Posted March 7, 2014