- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves down to .500 in MAAC play with 75-72 loss to Niagara
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls short in 65-63 loss to Canisius
- Dean of School of Communications Mark Contreras resigns
- Quinnipiac student robbed at gunpoint in Washington D.C.
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball splits opening MAAC weekend after loss to Rider
- Runnin’ the Point: New Year’s resolutions for Quinnipiac men’s basketball
- Murphy’s Law: Milestone mania
- Pecknold gets 500th win as Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey cruise past Colgate
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey captain Melissa Samoskevich drafted No. 2 in NWHL Draft
- The gift of education
All posts by Mike Farrell
‘What the hell?’ How two shady-looking kids made it backstage at The Fray concert
It turns out you didn’t need to buy a ticket to get into Sunday night’s concert with The Fray at the TD Bank Sports Center. Hell, you could have even had backstage passes the whole time.
- Posted April 20, 2010
Idiot Pilot change it up with a few new additions
When they released their debut album, "Strange We Should Meet Here," in 2005, Idiot Pilot turned heads with their unique amalgamation of screamo and electronic rock, as well as the fact that the entire band only consisted...
- Posted April 9, 2008
Relient K feeling effects
In an era when many musicians feel obligated to dip into politics and try to change the world, some bands refuse to jump on such a high horse and instead remember what it is that they do...
- Posted April 2, 2008
‘One’s taste in music
I have never read a more offensive editorial than Matt DeMello's piece in the previous issue of the Chronicle entitled "A&E Review 'Illegitimate'." In the article, DeMello criticizes Leigh Maneri's review of a Michael Buble album printed a...
- Posted February 27, 2008
Movie Review: Cloverfield
With one of the most frustratingly cryptic viral marketing campaigns in history, the media world has been abuzz with speculation about J.J. Abrams' movie "Cloverfield." Told entirely from the perspective of a handheld camera, the film begins at...
- Posted January 30, 2008
It’s still a ‘Semi-Charmed Life’ for Third Eye Blind
The year is 1997. Third Eye Blind releases their critically acclaimed self-titled debut album and it officially becomes impossible to turn on the radio without hearing the telltale "doo-doo-doo" introduction to the album's leadoff single, "Semi-Charmed Life.
- Posted November 14, 2007
Behind the scenes at this year’s fall concern
8 a.m.- The hospitality crew arrives at the Rec Center the day of the annual Quinnipiac fall concert, featuring Cartel and The Starting Line. Cartel's tour bus pulls into North Lot shortly after, though most of the...
- Posted October 31, 2007
Britain’s Arctic Monkeys pleases R.I. audience
Britain's Arctic Monkeys are not your average rock band. In 2006, with only five years of musical background, the Sheffield foursome released their critically acclaimed debut album, "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not." Thanks...
- Posted September 26, 2007