- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey falls to No. 1 UMass 3-1, head into break with a 14-3-0 record
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves to .500 with win over Lafayette
- No. 8 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey upsets No. 1 UMass, 4-0
- Cramped cramming
- Dr. Bethany Zemba appointed as vice president and chief of staff
- Pro-life feminism: a candid conversation
- Phi Gamma Delta fundraises money for victims of California wildfires
- Former Quinnipiac President John Lahey awarded for service to Ireland
- Triumph out of tragedy
- MEMEingful past
Sophomore Dan Nybondas leaves the Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey team
This comes weeks after sophomore forward DJ Petruzzelli was removed from the team’s roster. Neither Nybondas or Petruzzelli played in a single game in their time at Quinnipiac.
In an article on the website of the Imatran Ketterӓ team, a hockey team in the Mestis Hockey League in Finland, it states that Nybondas will be joining the team for a four-week trial period.
Nybondas, a native of Espoo, Finland, has much experience playing in Finland, most recently with IFK Helsinki U20 in the Jr. A SM-liiga. He played in 48 games, scoring 14 goals and 18 assist in the 2016-2017 season before coming to Quinnipiac.
Quinnipiac Athletics did not have any comment on the matter.
Stay with The Chronicle if any more updates come.