- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
- Women’s rugby team takes home second championship
- Women’s basketball’s upset bid against Michigan State falls short
- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
McLean ruled ineligible for remainder of season
Men’s basketball guard Giovanni McLean has been ruled ineligible for the remainder of the 2014-15 season, according to Vice President for Public Affairs Lynn Bushnell.
“The NCAA has granted a partial waiver supporting the university’s decision to allow Giovanni McLean to continue his studies at the university for the remainder of this (2014-2015) academic year,” said Bushnell in a statement. “He, however, will remain prohibited from practicing and playing with the basketball team for the rest of this season.”
The NCAA issued McLean, a transfer from Westchester Community College, a temporary waiver in November 2014, allowing him to continue taking classes while an investigation was conducted regarding transcript fraud at Westchester. Westchester later cancelled its men’s basketball season due to the scandal.