- Men’s soccer drops MAAC opener in OT
- Community protests after controversial Snapchat photo
- ‘Lo’ and Behold
- Field hockey sisters bring Spanish influence to the team
- Student facing disciplinary action for posting racist Snapchat photo
- University hires former New Haven Police Chief
- Watch your words
- Old fashion isn’t overrated
- Is change always for the better?
- Men’s soccer shuts out Yale
McLean ruled ineligible for remainder of season
Men’s basketball guard Giovanni McLean has been ruled ineligible for the remainder of the 2014-15 season, according to Vice President for Public Affairs Lynn Bushnell.
“The NCAA has granted a partial waiver supporting the university’s decision to allow Giovanni McLean to continue his studies at the university for the remainder of this (2014-2015) academic year,” said Bushnell in a statement. “He, however, will remain prohibited from practicing and playing with the basketball team for the rest of this season.”
The NCAA issued McLean, a transfer from Westchester Community College, a temporary waiver in November 2014, allowing him to continue taking classes while an investigation was conducted regarding transcript fraud at Westchester. Westchester later cancelled its men’s basketball season due to the scandal.