- South Carolina ends Quinnipiac’s tournament run in Sweet 16
- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling dominates Glenville State
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
McLean ruled ineligible for remainder of season
Men’s basketball guard Giovanni McLean has been ruled ineligible for the remainder of the 2014-15 season, according to Vice President for Public Affairs Lynn Bushnell.
“The NCAA has granted a partial waiver supporting the university’s decision to allow Giovanni McLean to continue his studies at the university for the remainder of this (2014-2015) academic year,” said Bushnell in a statement. “He, however, will remain prohibited from practicing and playing with the basketball team for the rest of this season.”
The NCAA issued McLean, a transfer from Westchester Community College, a temporary waiver in November 2014, allowing him to continue taking classes while an investigation was conducted regarding transcript fraud at Westchester. Westchester later cancelled its men’s basketball season due to the scandal.