- Softball splits doubleheader with Wagner in home opener
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse loses tight game to Holy Cross
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball eliminated by No. 1 UConn in NCAA Tournament
- Mutual respect
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball tops Miami to advance in NCAA Tournament
- Conor’s Column: Do the Bobcats have to live by the three?
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes 2018 March Madness picks
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey’s season ends at Cornell
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse cruises past Wagner, 11-3
- Feldman joins the century club
McLean ruled ineligible for remainder of season
Men’s basketball guard Giovanni McLean has been ruled ineligible for the remainder of the 2014-15 season, according to Vice President for Public Affairs Lynn Bushnell.
“The NCAA has granted a partial waiver supporting the university’s decision to allow Giovanni McLean to continue his studies at the university for the remainder of this (2014-2015) academic year,” said Bushnell in a statement. “He, however, will remain prohibited from practicing and playing with the basketball team for the rest of this season.”
The NCAA issued McLean, a transfer from Westchester Community College, a temporary waiver in November 2014, allowing him to continue taking classes while an investigation was conducted regarding transcript fraud at Westchester. Westchester later cancelled its men’s basketball season due to the scandal.Follow @bryan_lipiner