- BREAKING: Finance chair Thomas Coe confronted by anti-child abuse activist, no longer with university
- An Election Reflection
- Nation to Campus: Subjectivity and the Constitution
- Wasteful ways
- Students struggles at the polls
- So long, Rick Grimes?
- Will Part Time get the recognition they deserve?
- ‘Lotta ties, lotta ties’
- Crossing the line
- This pattern of abuse is preventable
State of emergency declared in Ferguson
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon declared a precautionary state of emergency in the town of Ferguson on Monday night. This is to prepare Ferguson for potential violence once the grand jury announces whether or not police officer Darren Wilson will be indicted, according to CNN. Wilson shot and killed black teen Michael Brown in August. The governor decreased the role of the Ferguson police department and called in the National Guard to prepare for the grand jury’s announcement.