- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Rave: Taylor Swift visits North Haven
Normally, when two Quinnipiac students stop at Starbucks for a latte before class, they grab their drink and go. But last Thursday proved to be no normal afternoon for juniors Kathleen Barry and Nicole Giuliani, who met pop star Taylor Swift when she stopped by the Starbucks in North Haven around 3:15 p.m.
“I was throwing out my coffee as someone walked in,” Giuliani said. “To be honest, it was her height that gave her away.” Giuliani said she and Barry were excited to see Swift.
“Nicole said to me, ‘Taylor Swift just walked in,’” Barry said. “My hands started shaking so bad.”
Giuliani said Swift used the bathroom before interacting with any customers. Both students took a picture with Swift, which was then posted onto the various Quinnipiac University social media accounts. Other customers and baristas spoke to Swift as well.
“[Swift] was so sweet to her fans,” Giuliani said. “She is one of the most down-to-earth celebrities.”
Swift was in town to visit the family of North Haven resident, Stephanie Barnett, according to NBC Connecticut. Barnett had previously connected with Swift when she was having a difficult time becoming pregnant. Now, Barnett’s son Leyton is 2, so Swift decided to drop by and surprise the family with some fun gifts for the boy.
“[Taylor] truly was flawless and even more beautiful in person,” Giuliani said. “The fact that she takes so much time to acknowledge her fans and make peoples dreams come true shows how selfless and considerate she is.”