- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
Wreck: sexy ‘Frozen’ Halloween costumes
Halloween in college is not, by any standard, the Halloween you remember from when you were a kid. The methods of celebration are different. The treats are different. The costumes, though, are perhaps what set childhood and college apart most definitively. But speaking of standards, shouldn’t there be some? I understand the we’re-not-kids-anymore phenomenon, the one which pushes us girls toward a costume which will be cute, not just a good disguise. “For the first time in forever,” though, I think we’ve gone overboard.
Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve actually created sexy “Frozen” themed Halloween costumes.
This is ridiculous on more than one level, but particularly because it tears the innocence from something trademarked for its wholesome nature. Disney’s “Frozen,” a movie which countless students have likely seen and obsessed over, is equipped with a family-friendly plot, characters and music. Despite our age, we love that. So why do we feel the need to taint that innocence with “princess” costumes that attract a completely different type of attention? Do we seriously like the idea of scandalizing Elsa and Anna?
I sure don’t. There’s nothing sexy about it. And even if there was, what would that be teaching little girls who see those costumes? The message, I think, would be that Elsa and Anna don’t dress hot enough in the movie–this is how they really should dress, and you should, too. It’s disgusting. “Let it go.”