- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Columbus Day Parade celebrates Italian-Americans
Thousands of people came together to participate in the region’s annual Columbus Day Parade in North Haven on Sunday, according to the New Haven Register. It was a day not only to honor the man credited with the discovery of America, but also to celebrate Italian-Americans. The parade rotates each year through six towns; East Haven, New Haven, Hamden, West Haven, Branford and North Haven Italian-American organizations, marching bands, boy scouts, the local fire department and more raised flags, balloons, and red, green and white banners. U.S. Rep. Rosa DeLauro and U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal also came to march for a day of Italian culture.