- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
- International students celebrate Thanksgiving
Mike Quitko announces his retirement
Quinnipiac men’s and women’s tennis head coach Mike Quitko announced his retirement Thursday morning. Quitko, a member of the Quinnipiac Hall of Fame, spent 23 years with the programs.
As a coach for both the men and women’s team at Quinnipiac, Quitko’s career was highlighted by numerous accomplishments, including 18 conference championship titles and 526 wins.
“It’s the right time,” Quitko said in a press release. “My entire career has been an unbelievable blessing and I am extremely proud of the program that we have built here. I have had the pleasure of coaching some of the finest young men and women to grace the courts here as they’ve helped give me some life-long memories.”
Quitko is the first coach in Quinnipiac’s history to ever reach 500 wins, and led the tennis programs shift into the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference during the 2013-14 season.
A respected member throughout the university, Quitko will leave the program in the hands of Paula Miller and Chris Pappas.
Paula Miller will be promoted to Interim Director of Tennis and Women’s Tennis Head Coach, while Chris Pappas will serve as the Interim Men’s Tennis Head Coach.