- Men’s basketball drops Senior Day game to Rider
- Men’s ice hockey beats Brown on Senior Night
- Women’s basketball clinches top seed in MAAC Tournament with Senior Day win
- Quinnipiac completes season sweep over rival Yale with Heroes Hat win
- Quinnipiac set to take on rival Yale
- Matt King joins men’s ice hockey as walk-on goaltender
- In his mother’s memory
- Current Craze
- Living the Legend
- Panel of professors explain human rights for minorities
Mike Quitko announces his retirement
Quinnipiac men’s and women’s tennis head coach Mike Quitko announced his retirement Thursday morning. Quitko, a member of the Quinnipiac Hall of Fame, spent 23 years with the programs.
As a coach for both the men and women’s team at Quinnipiac, Quitko’s career was highlighted by numerous accomplishments, including 18 conference championship titles and 526 wins.
“It’s the right time,” Quitko said in a press release. “My entire career has been an unbelievable blessing and I am extremely proud of the program that we have built here. I have had the pleasure of coaching some of the finest young men and women to grace the courts here as they’ve helped give me some life-long memories.”
Quitko is the first coach in Quinnipiac’s history to ever reach 500 wins, and led the tennis programs shift into the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference during the 2013-14 season.
A respected member throughout the university, Quitko will leave the program in the hands of Paula Miller and Chris Pappas.
Paula Miller will be promoted to Interim Director of Tennis and Women’s Tennis Head Coach, while Chris Pappas will serve as the Interim Men’s Tennis Head Coach.