- Quinnipiac men’s basketball drops home opener to Hartford, 68-54
- BREAKING: Finance chair Thomas Coe confronted by anti-child abuse activist, on leave from the university
- An Election Reflection
- Nation to Campus: Subjectivity and the Constitution
- Wasteful ways
- Students struggles at the polls
- So long, Rick Grimes?
- Will Part Time get the recognition they deserve?
- ‘Lotta ties, lotta ties’
- Crossing the line
Turner named Canada’s U-18 head coach
Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey associate head coach Cassie Turner has been named head coach of Canada’s National Women’s U-18 team for the 2014-15 season.
Turner, who is entering her seventh season as a member of the Quinnipiac coaching staff, has served as an assistant for Canada’s U-18 team since 2011.
“Every chance I’ve had to be a part of the Hockey Canada program has been a privilege and an honor,” Turner said in a press release. “I’m excited to continue my work with great people who take such pride in representing Canada.”
During her playing career, Turner was a member of the gold medal-winning Ontario team during the 1999 Canada Games. She then played at Brown University, was an All- ECAC First Team selection during her 21-point senior season in 2001-2002. Turner served as a two-time team captain at Brown.