- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball prepares for NCAA Tournament
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
- Sherman Ave building to be new QU theater
Turner named Canada’s U-18 head coach
Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey associate head coach Cassie Turner has been named head coach of Canada’s National Women’s U-18 team for the 2014-15 season.
Turner, who is entering her seventh season as a member of the Quinnipiac coaching staff, has served as an assistant for Canada’s U-18 team since 2011.
“Every chance I’ve had to be a part of the Hockey Canada program has been a privilege and an honor,” Turner said in a press release. “I’m excited to continue my work with great people who take such pride in representing Canada.”
During her playing career, Turner was a member of the gold medal-winning Ontario team during the 1999 Canada Games. She then played at Brown University, was an All- ECAC First Team selection during her 21-point senior season in 2001-2002. Turner served as a two-time team captain at Brown.