- Quinnipiac hires Baker Dunleavy as men’s basketball coach, per reports
- South Carolina ends Quinnipiac’s tournament run in Sweet 16
- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling dominates Glenville State
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
NHL’s Islanders draft Devon Toews
Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey defenseman Devon Toews was selected by the New York Islanders in the fourth round of the 2014 NHL Draft Saturday.
Toews was taken 108th overall, rendering him the highest drafted player in program history.
“Devon was one of the best freshman defenseman in ECAC Hockey this year,” Quinnipiac head coach Rand Pecknold said in a press release. “We lost 11 seniors from our 2013 Frozen Four team, including four of the top six defensemen, and it was a lot to ask of him to (be) in the top four. He did it and had an amazing freshman season.”
Toews had a goal and 16 assists in 37 games for the Bobcats during the 2013-14 season. He was Quinnipiac’s second-highest scoring defensemen, trailing only senior Zach Tolkinen.