- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
McLean verbally commits to Quinnipiac
Westchester Community College men’s basketball guard Giovanni McLean has verbally committed to Quinnipiac, according to a Quinnipiac Athletics official.
McLean, a native of the Bronx, NY, averaged 16.8 points and 7.4 assists per game with Westchester last season.
The 6-foot-1, 205-pound guard also had offers from Oklahoma, Missouri, St. John’s and Fordham, among other schools.
An injury kept McLean off the floor for all of his senior season at Bronx Regional High School in 2010-11. He played in 26 games as a freshman at Moberly Community College in 2011-12, before a pre-existing injury forced him to have knee surgery at the conclusion of the season.
After taking another full season off, McLean returned to action in 2013-14 with Westchester. He has two years of NCAA eligibility remaining.