- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
McLean verbally commits to Quinnipiac
Westchester Community College men’s basketball guard Giovanni McLean has verbally committed to Quinnipiac, according to a Quinnipiac Athletics official.
McLean, a native of the Bronx, NY, averaged 16.8 points and 7.4 assists per game with Westchester last season.
The 6-foot-1, 205-pound guard also had offers from Oklahoma, Missouri, St. John’s and Fordham, among other schools.
An injury kept McLean off the floor for all of his senior season at Bronx Regional High School in 2010-11. He played in 26 games as a freshman at Moberly Community College in 2011-12, before a pre-existing injury forced him to have knee surgery at the conclusion of the season.
After taking another full season off, McLean returned to action in 2013-14 with Westchester. He has two years of NCAA eligibility remaining.