- Community protests after controversial Snapchat photo
- ‘Lo’ and Behold
- Field hockey sisters bring Spanish influence to the team
- Student facing disciplinary action for posting racist Snapchat photo
- University hires former New Haven Police Chief
- Watch your words
- Old fashion isn’t overrated
- Is change always for the better?
- Men’s soccer shuts out Yale
- Undefeated UMass Lowell beats men’s soccer
McLean verbally commits to Quinnipiac
Westchester Community College men’s basketball guard Giovanni McLean has verbally committed to Quinnipiac, according to a Quinnipiac Athletics official.
McLean, a native of the Bronx, NY, averaged 16.8 points and 7.4 assists per game with Westchester last season.
The 6-foot-1, 205-pound guard also had offers from Oklahoma, Missouri, St. John’s and Fordham, among other schools.
An injury kept McLean off the floor for all of his senior season at Bronx Regional High School in 2010-11. He played in 26 games as a freshman at Moberly Community College in 2011-12, before a pre-existing injury forced him to have knee surgery at the conclusion of the season.
After taking another full season off, McLean returned to action in 2013-14 with Westchester. He has two years of NCAA eligibility remaining.