- Men’s basketball drops Senior Day game to Rider
- Men’s ice hockey beats Brown on Senior Night
- Women’s basketball clinches top seed in MAAC Tournament with Senior Day win
- Quinnipiac completes season sweep over rival Yale with Heroes Hat win
- Quinnipiac set to take on rival Yale
- Matt King joins men’s ice hockey as walk-on goaltender
- In his mother’s memory
- Current Craze
- Living the Legend
- Panel of professors explain human rights for minorities
Bomb threat delays third commencement ceremony
A bomb threat delayed the College of Arts and Sciences commencement ceremony Sunday night, Hamden Police Sergeant John Riordan said.
The ceremony, originally scheduled for 6 p.m., was moved to the TD Bank Sports Center on the York Hill campus and later began at 7:30 p.m.
The university was informed of the bomb threat around 5:45 p.m., Associate Vice President for Public Relations John Morgan said.
“[We moved the ceremony] as soon as we could,” Morgan said. “The safety of everybody…was paramount.”
Morgan said facilities set up the arena for the ceremony in less than an hour.
“Facilities did a fantastic job of preparing the TD Bank Sports Center on such a short order,” Morgan said.
Stay with The Chronicle for updates.