- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
- Sherman Ave building to be new QU theater
One Big Event
About 1,700 volunteers from the Quinnipiac community traveled to approximately 120 sites in Hamden and the surrounding towns for a day of service on Saturday. The Big Event is a national day, started by Texas A&M University in 1982, where college students across the country give back to their community. When the university started the Big Event in 2010, 700 students volunteered.
Sites where most students volunteered
Children’s Center of Hamden – Hamden, Conn.
Camp Cedarcrest – Orange, Conn.
Edgewood Park – New Haven, Conn.
Boys and Girls Club of Milford – Milford, Conn.
Edgerton Park – New Haven, Conn.
Girl Scouts of CT- Camp Katoya – Milford, Conn.
Girl Scouts of CT- Camp Anseox – Oxford, Conn.
Girl Scouts of CT- Camp Murray – East Haven, Conn.
Hamden / North Haven YMCA – Hamden, Conn.
Sleeping Giant State Park – Hamden, Conn.
Farmington Canal Trail – Hamden, Conn., and Cheshire, Conn.