- Community protests after controversial Snapchat photo
- ‘Lo’ and Behold
- Field hockey sisters bring Spanish influence to the team
- Student facing disciplinary action for posting racist Snapchat photo
- University hires former New Haven Police Chief
- Watch your words
- Old fashion isn’t overrated
- Is change always for the better?
- Men’s soccer shuts out Yale
- Undefeated UMass Lowell beats men’s soccer
One Big Event
About 1,700 volunteers from the Quinnipiac community traveled to approximately 120 sites in Hamden and the surrounding towns for a day of service on Saturday. The Big Event is a national day, started by Texas A&M University in 1982, where college students across the country give back to their community. When the university started the Big Event in 2010, 700 students volunteered.
Sites where most students volunteered
Children’s Center of Hamden – Hamden, Conn.
Camp Cedarcrest – Orange, Conn.
Edgewood Park – New Haven, Conn.
Boys and Girls Club of Milford – Milford, Conn.
Edgerton Park – New Haven, Conn.
Girl Scouts of CT- Camp Katoya – Milford, Conn.
Girl Scouts of CT- Camp Anseox – Oxford, Conn.
Girl Scouts of CT- Camp Murray – East Haven, Conn.
Hamden / North Haven YMCA – Hamden, Conn.
Sleeping Giant State Park – Hamden, Conn.
Farmington Canal Trail – Hamden, Conn., and Cheshire, Conn.