- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Wreck: J.K. Rowling reflects on Romione romance
Nearly seven years after the completion of her wildly popular Harry Potter series, author J.K. Rowling has dropped a bombshell on her fans. She has reconsidered the romance Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, Harry Potter’s best friends.
On Feb. 1, reports surfaced that Rowling regretted pairing Ron and Hermione. Rowling’s full interview was released Friday in the latest issue of Wonderland Magazine. The current cover of this British magazine features Emma Watson, the actress who played Hermione in the film adaptations.
Ron and Hermione’s relationship had grown throughout the series and was solidified in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” the final installment.
Rowling admitted she wrote the relationship as “a sort of wish fulfillment,” according to Wonderland Magazine. Though Rowling concluded at the end of the interview that “[Hermione] and Ron will be alright with a bit of counseling,” she said “in some ways Hermione and Harry are a better fit.”
Watson, who conducted the interview with Rowling, said she believes “there are fans out there…who wonder whether Ron would have really been able to make [Hermione] happy.”
There have been mixed reactions from the public, and Rowling has acknowledged that she never intended to upset her fans.