- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
- International students celebrate Thanksgiving
- New university website aimed at prospective students
- SGA pushes for new desks in Tator Hall
Wreck: J.K. Rowling reflects on Romione romance
Nearly seven years after the completion of her wildly popular Harry Potter series, author J.K. Rowling has dropped a bombshell on her fans. She has reconsidered the romance Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, Harry Potter’s best friends.
On Feb. 1, reports surfaced that Rowling regretted pairing Ron and Hermione. Rowling’s full interview was released Friday in the latest issue of Wonderland Magazine. The current cover of this British magazine features Emma Watson, the actress who played Hermione in the film adaptations.
Ron and Hermione’s relationship had grown throughout the series and was solidified in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” the final installment.
Rowling admitted she wrote the relationship as “a sort of wish fulfillment,” according to Wonderland Magazine. Though Rowling concluded at the end of the interview that “[Hermione] and Ron will be alright with a bit of counseling,” she said “in some ways Hermione and Harry are a better fit.”
Watson, who conducted the interview with Rowling, said she believes “there are fans out there…who wonder whether Ron would have really been able to make [Hermione] happy.”
There have been mixed reactions from the public, and Rowling has acknowledged that she never intended to upset her fans.