- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
- Wawa Craze
Wreck: J.K. Rowling reflects on Romione romance
Nearly seven years after the completion of her wildly popular Harry Potter series, author J.K. Rowling has dropped a bombshell on her fans. She has reconsidered the romance Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, Harry Potter’s best friends.
On Feb. 1, reports surfaced that Rowling regretted pairing Ron and Hermione. Rowling’s full interview was released Friday in the latest issue of Wonderland Magazine. The current cover of this British magazine features Emma Watson, the actress who played Hermione in the film adaptations.
Ron and Hermione’s relationship had grown throughout the series and was solidified in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” the final installment.
Rowling admitted she wrote the relationship as “a sort of wish fulfillment,” according to Wonderland Magazine. Though Rowling concluded at the end of the interview that “[Hermione] and Ron will be alright with a bit of counseling,” she said “in some ways Hermione and Harry are a better fit.”
Watson, who conducted the interview with Rowling, said she believes “there are fans out there…who wonder whether Ron would have really been able to make [Hermione] happy.”
There have been mixed reactions from the public, and Rowling has acknowledged that she never intended to upset her fans.