- Quinnipiac men’s basketball moves down to .500 in MAAC play with 75-72 loss to Niagara
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls short in 65-63 loss to Canisius
- Dean of School of Communications Mark Contreras resigns
- Quinnipiac student robbed at gunpoint in Washington D.C.
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball splits opening MAAC weekend after loss to Rider
- Runnin’ the Point: New Year’s resolutions for Quinnipiac men’s basketball
- Murphy’s Law: Milestone mania
- Pecknold gets 500th win as Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey cruise past Colgate
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey captain Melissa Samoskevich drafted No. 2 in NWHL Draft
- The gift of education
Super Bowl of ideas
The Super Bowl is this Sunday and it’s time to start preparing for your own Super Bowl party. From food to decorations, here are some simple ways to add a fun football touch to regular party must haves.
Layered bean dip
This bean dip is super simple to make and there is no oven or microwave involved.
Ingredients: canned refried beans, taco seasoning, sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, green onions, shredded cheese, olives and tortilla chips.
You can either layer the ingredients in a bowl, a dish or even a cup. Mix the refried beans with the taco seasoning and then put that at the bottom of the bowl. Then layer the rest of the ingredients any way you please. Stick some tortilla chips around the cup or bowl. All done!
Watch a video tutorial below:
Bottle name tags
This is a simple way to make sure no one gets their drink mixed up with someone elses. These tags are decorated with the different team colors. These supplies can be found at the Dollar Store. Super cheap and easy decor. Bottles also add a classy touch rather than having cans. You can find these bottled drinks at local grocery stores like ShopRite and Stop & Shop.
Football field popcorn bag
Create your own popcorn bag that looks like a football field. All you need is construction paper and crayons. Little things like these bags make a big difference to the party atmosphere. Another cute way to add variety is putting out different popcorn seasonings like buffalo, parmesan and something sweet like brown sugar.
Deck of cards and more
It’s good to have extra games around that everyone can play in case the football game gets dull. A game that everyone has been talking about recently is “Cards Against Humanity.” It’s similar to the popular card game “Apples to Apples” but for an older, mature crowd. Another super fun tool to have around is the Wii. “Guitar Hero” and “Just Dance” are great games that everyone can play.