- Quinnipiac hires Baker Dunleavy as men’s basketball coach, per reports
- South Carolina ends Quinnipiac’s tournament run in Sweet 16
- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling dominates Glenville State
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
Jones twins receive Hobey Baker nominations
Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey forwards Connor and Kellen Jones have been nominated for the 2014 Hobey Baker Memorial Award, the player of the year in NCAA men’s ice hockey.
There are 68 players currently up for the award, with 87 days left of voting. One vote per individual can be placed daily at www.hobeybaker.com, with fan voting account for one percent of the total vote. The field will later be narrowed to 10, and eventually dwindled to three as the Hobey Hat Trick finalists.
This season, Connor Jones has racked up 23 total points, scoring seven goals and assisting on 16. Kellen, meanwhile, is second on the team in goals with 13, also adding 16 assists, giving him 29 points on the season, good for 12th in the country.
A notable snub from Quinnipiac is freshman Sam Anas, who leads the team with 14 goals. Sixteen assists gives him a total of 30 points on the year, which is a team best and tied for sixth in the NCAA.
Last season, standout Bobcats goaltender Eric Hartzell was a Hobey Hat Trick Finalist along with Johnny Gaudreau of Boston College and eventual winner Drew LeBlanc of St. Cloud State University.