- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Hamden police to conduct sobriety checkpoints
The Hamden Police Department will conduct sobriety checkpoints on Dec. 5 and Dec. 6 on various locations including Dixwell Avenue, Whitney Avenue, Skiff Street and Mix Avenue, according to a press release.
The Hamden Police Department will continue sobriety checkpoints throughout the month of December as a program funded by the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
The goal is “to spread public awareness about the dangers of drinking and driving, along with making the streets of Hamden and surrounding communities safer by arresting those individuals who are driving while intoxicated,” according to the press release by Captain Ronald Smith.