- No. 3 Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling falls to No. 2 Oregon
- Rossman sets women’s ice hockey shutout record in Senior Day win
- Men’s basketball loses overtime heart-breaker to Fairfield
- Women’s ice hockey decimates RPI as Rossman ties program shutout record
- Women’s basketball defeats Iona in MAAC Championship rematch
- Student wins Global Student Entrepreneur Award
- Students volunteer to assist local residents with tax returns
- Students, faculty participate in silent vigil to support immigrants and refugees
- Slammed with snow
- Men’s ice hockey drops close contest to Clarkson
Hamden police to conduct sobriety checkpoints
The Hamden Police Department will conduct sobriety checkpoints on Dec. 5 and Dec. 6 on various locations including Dixwell Avenue, Whitney Avenue, Skiff Street and Mix Avenue, according to a press release.
The Hamden Police Department will continue sobriety checkpoints throughout the month of December as a program funded by the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
The goal is “to spread public awareness about the dangers of drinking and driving, along with making the streets of Hamden and surrounding communities safer by arresting those individuals who are driving while intoxicated,” according to the press release by Captain Ronald Smith.