- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
Falling chair strikes student
A student was taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital after she was struck in the head by a falling chair on Nov. 9 in Westview on the York Hill campus.
The 20-year-old student from Massachusetts, who remains unidentified, was walking through the third floor of Westview when a chair was thrown over the center railing opening from the fourth floor lounge that links Crescent to Westview at around 12:45 a.m., according to the Hamden Police Department. The identity of the person who threw the chair is unknown. The woman who was injured was later diagnosed with a concussion.
Public Safety, Hamden Police and Hamden Fire Rescue responded to the accident and the student was later transported to the hospital by ambulance.
Anyone with information about this case could contact Public Safety at 203-582-6200, the Hamden Police Department at 203-230-4000, or text the QU TipNow system 203-424-0975.