- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Falling chair strikes student
A student was taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital after she was struck in the head by a falling chair on Nov. 9 in Westview on the York Hill campus.
The 20-year-old student from Massachusetts, who remains unidentified, was walking through the third floor of Westview when a chair was thrown over the center railing opening from the fourth floor lounge that links Crescent to Westview at around 12:45 a.m., according to the Hamden Police Department. The identity of the person who threw the chair is unknown. The woman who was injured was later diagnosed with a concussion.
Public Safety, Hamden Police and Hamden Fire Rescue responded to the accident and the student was later transported to the hospital by ambulance.
Anyone with information about this case could contact Public Safety at 203-582-6200, the Hamden Police Department at 203-230-4000, or text the QU TipNow system 203-424-0975.