- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
- Freshman reflect, Seniors say goodbye
- Wawa Craze
- The beginning of the end
- One Album, Three Meanings
- May the weekend go on
Falling chair strikes student
A student was taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital after she was struck in the head by a falling chair on Nov. 9 in Westview on the York Hill campus.
The 20-year-old student from Massachusetts, who remains unidentified, was walking through the third floor of Westview when a chair was thrown over the center railing opening from the fourth floor lounge that links Crescent to Westview at around 12:45 a.m., according to the Hamden Police Department. The identity of the person who threw the chair is unknown. The woman who was injured was later diagnosed with a concussion.
Public Safety, Hamden Police and Hamden Fire Rescue responded to the accident and the student was later transported to the hospital by ambulance.
Anyone with information about this case could contact Public Safety at 203-582-6200, the Hamden Police Department at 203-230-4000, or text the QU TipNow system 203-424-0975.