- Men’s basketball drops Senior Day game to Rider
- Men’s ice hockey beats Brown on Senior Night
- Women’s basketball clinches top seed in MAAC Tournament with Senior Day win
- Quinnipiac completes season sweep over rival Yale with Heroes Hat win
- Quinnipiac set to take on rival Yale
- Matt King joins men’s ice hockey as walk-on goaltender
- In his mother’s memory
- Current Craze
- Living the Legend
- Panel of professors explain human rights for minorities
Student arrested, Public Safety officer assaulted
Sophomore Justin A. Mendonca was arrested by the Hamden Police Department in connection with an assault of a Public Safety officer in the early hours of Oct. 19, according to a press release from Hamden Police Sergeant Anthony Diaz.
At around 1 a.m. on Oct. 19, the Hamden Police were called to the university because of a report of an intoxicated student who was threatening a staff member, Diaz said.
Police investigated further and found the student had threatened a staff member and assaulted a Public Safety officer, according to Diaz. The Public Safety officer suffered a minor injury and did not need to receive medical attention.
Mendonca was charged with Threatening and Breach of Peace 2nd and was released on a $1,000 non-surety bond, according to Diaz.
Medonca is scheduled to appear in the Meriden Superior Court on Nov. 1.