- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
UPDATE: Quinnipiac women’s rugby game vs. Army back on
SECOND UPDATE 10/3: The Quinnipiac rugby Twitter account has announced that the game is now back on.
UPDATE 10/3: Quinnipiac women’s rugby has since officially announced that the game has been postponed to an unannounced date.
The Quinnipiac women’s rugby game vs. Army, originally scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 5, has been canceled due to the government shutdown, according to the Quinnipiac rugby Facebook page.
As of Oct. 1, the United States government has shut down due to a disagreement on a spending plan for the upcoming fiscal year. This has resulted in the closure of several government services and agencies, as well as possible cancellations of future Army, Navy and Air Force NCAA athletic contests.
The Defense Department suspended athletic competition at the service academies due to the shutdown, according to the Associated Press.
The Quinnipiac rugby Facebook page originally posted the announcement Wednesday evening.
Senior lock Melissa Condo, a political science major who participated in Quinnipiac’s presidential public service fellowship program over the summer, shared the post and said, “Well, looks like someone you know has been personally effected!!”
The Bobcats (4-2) beat the University of Virginia on Sept. 28 in their last game and beat Air Force 35-14 earlier this season.
Army canceled its men’s soccer game vs. LIU-Brooklyn scheduled for Oct. 1 “in accordance with a directive from the Department of Defense,” and also canceled a women’s soccer and a volleyball game.
Stay with The Chronicle for updates.