- Men’s soccer drops MAAC opener in OT
- Community protests after controversial Snapchat photo
- ‘Lo’ and Behold
- Field hockey sisters bring Spanish influence to the team
- Student facing disciplinary action for posting racist Snapchat photo
- University hires former New Haven Police Chief
- Watch your words
- Old fashion isn’t overrated
- Is change always for the better?
- Men’s soccer shuts out Yale
Latino Heritage Month celebration
There is one week left of Latino Heritage Month. To celebrate, the Latino Cultural Society and the Office of Multicultural and Global Education will host the Dia de los Muertos celebration on Oct. 14 at 3 p.m. in the Carl Hansen Student Center. Students can learn more about the Day of the Dead and enjoy free Hispanic food. Also, as part of Latino Heritage Month, Stephen Balkaran, a professor in the department of philosophy and political science, wrote an article titled “What would America be like without Hispanics?” The article was published this month in the Journal of Hispanic Outlook on Higher Education. The article focuses on how Americans need to acknowledge the important role Hispanics played in United States history.