- Softball splits doubleheader with Wagner in home opener
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse loses tight game to Holy Cross
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball eliminated by No. 1 UConn in NCAA Tournament
- Mutual respect
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball tops Miami to advance in NCAA Tournament
- Conor’s Column: Do the Bobcats have to live by the three?
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes 2018 March Madness picks
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey’s season ends at Cornell
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse cruises past Wagner, 11-3
- Feldman joins the century club
News outside the Quinnipiac campus
Beyond the Bobcat
Obama urges Congress to use military action against Syria
Saturday night, President Barack Obama called on Congress to authorize military action against Syria in response to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s regime allegedly using sarin gas, a banned chemical weapon, on a Damascus suburb on Aug. 21. According to Secretary of State John Kerry, the United States obtained blood and hair samples from Syria that confirm that Assad used sarin gas on citizens. Kerry also wants Congress to approve military action against Syria because he believes that Syria and other nations need to realize that the United States is strongly against chemical weapons. After meeting with Obama on Tuesday, Speaker of the House John Boehner, Majority Leader Eric Cantor and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said they would support military force against Syria.
Two die, four hospitalized at music festival
Two people passed away and four were hospitalized over the weekend at Electric Zoo 2013, an electronic music festival on Randall’s Island. The concertgoers supposedly were taking the drug MDMA, also known as Molly or Ecstasy. Due to the deaths, the last day of the three-day festival was cancelled on Sunday.
New Haven resident shot in Hamden
An 18-year-old New Haven resident was shot once in the back of the head on Dixwell Avenue. in Hamden late Sunday night. The victim and his friends were walking on Dixwell Avenue., when a group emerged from an alley. After the victim and his friends walked by, the group began shooting at them. The victim ran to Arch Street where he was found by Hamden Police. The victim was treated at Yale New Haven Hospital. Two motor vehicles were also damaged by gunshots. Police are investigating the case.