- Baker Dunleavy signs five-year contract extension
- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
Fire extinguisher discharged in Ledges
At approximately 12:50 a.m. today, a student pulled the pin on a fire extinguisher in the second floor of Ledges residence hall, releasing a white haze and activating the building’s smoke detectors, according to Chief of Public Safety David Barger. Students were evacuated from the building and the Hamden Fire Department arrived. At 1:30 a.m., the Hamden Fire Department left and students were allowed back into the building, Barger said.
Public Safety is currently investigating the situation and has several leads, Barger said.