- Men’s lacrosse advances in first ever NCAA tournament game
- Men’s lacrosse wins MAAC Championship
- Op-Ed: Inequality for women’s sports must be addressed
- Spring Sports Awards
- Tennis triumphs
- Quinnipiac baseball drops two games against Monmouth on Saturday
- Men’s lacrosse finishes regular season with undefeated conference record
- Softball shuts out Sacred Heart in win
- Fetty finally came our way
- Baseball defeats Massachusetts 7-0
Mark Varholak appointed associate vice president for budget and financial planning
On July 1, Mark Varholak will assume his responsibilities as associate vice president for budget and financial planning, according to a MyQ announcement.
In this newly-created position, Varholak will be the chief budgeting and financial planning officer and report to the chief financial officer, the MyQ announcement said. As part of this job, Varholak will be responsible for working with all members of the President’s Cabinet on the annual operation budget, attending Board of Trustees meetings and being on the President’s Cabinet and the University’s Planning Council.
At Quinnipiac, Varholak served as assistant controller from 2003 to 2009 and became associate controller in 2009. He has also been a part-time professor in the accounting department.
“In those capacities, Mark has demonstrated outstanding leadership and expert knowledge in the areas of internal and external financial reporting, financial analysis, internal audits and coordination with external auditors,” the MyQ announcement said.
Varholak has experience working as a senior accountant in the Audit Department at Deloitte & Touche from 1994 to 1997 and in GE Capital Services from 1997 to 2003, the MyQ announcement said. A certified public accountant, Varholak graduated from Pennsylvania State University with a bachelor of science in accounting and international business and New York University with an MBA in finance and international business.