- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
- Women’s rugby team takes home second championship
- Women’s basketball’s upset bid against Michigan State falls short
- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
Wreck: Reese Witherspoon Arrested
America’s sweetheart Reese Witherspoon was recently arrested for disorderly conduct after drunkenly interfering with her husband’s arrest after receiving a DUI in Atlanta.
The Ford Fusion, driven by Jim Toth, was allegedly pulled over by police April 19, after the vehicle swerved in and out of the lanes. According to CNN it quickly became evident that the couple was intoxicated, especially after Reese began to act out.
In the police report, the officer who arrested her wrote, “Mrs. Witherspoon began to hang out the window and say that she did not believe that I was a real police officer,” he wrote. “I told Mrs. Witherspoon to sit on her butt and be quiet.”
However Witherspoon, who is , did not do this. Instead, she exited the vehicle and demanded that because she was a citizen of the United States, she had the right to stand on “American ground”.
She was then handcuffed and allegedly resisted her arrest. Toth was also arrested and given a DUI for blowing a 0.139 on the breathalyzer.
Although the “Walk the Line” actress has maintained a decent Hollywood reputation for most of her career, she seems to have lost a bit of her squeaky-clean innocence with this latest stunt. Despite this, maybe her good girl status should be taken into consideration before we make a quick judgment. Sure, she’s 37, and who knows where her three children were during the time of the arrest, but hey, at least she’s not on Lindsey Lohan’s level.