- Men’s basketball drops Senior Day game to Rider
- Men’s ice hockey beats Brown on Senior Night
- Women’s basketball clinches top seed in MAAC Tournament with Senior Day win
- Quinnipiac completes season sweep over rival Yale with Heroes Hat win
- Quinnipiac set to take on rival Yale
- Matt King joins men’s ice hockey as walk-on goaltender
- In his mother’s memory
- Current Craze
- Living the Legend
- Panel of professors explain human rights for minorities
Szarkowicz wins steeple chase for outdoor track
The women’s outdoor track team competed in the Richmond University Fred Hardy Invitational. Senior Szarkowicz took first in the 3000m steeplechase during day one of the competition with a time of 11:17.05, while Brianna Faust finished fifth in the 5000m event clocking in at 17:55.87.
“We got off to a great start today,” said head coach Carolyn Martin. ” I’m really proud of the Andrea’s effort today in the steeplechase as well as Brianna and our distance runners are already in mid-season form.”
Rebecca Stabile finished eighth out of 32 sprinters in the 400m hurdles on Friday.
Day two highlights include freshman Shameal Samuels breaking a program record in the 400m with a time 56.87 seconds. Samuels finished eighth out of the 32 sprinters.
Samuels broke the 400m indoor track season record as well.
Jessica Soja and Tracy Campbell finished both fifth and sixth in the top 10 during the 3000m. Campbell’s time of 10:23.04 is the fastest 3000m time recorded for a freshman in Quinnipiac’s program history.
Campbell also finished less than two seconds behind Soja in Friday’s 5000m. Soja took a 10th place finish with 4:44.9, while Campbell clocked in at 4:45.32.
“Overall for us it was a great meet with great weather and we hope to keep improving as the season moves on,” Martin said.