- Quinnipiac men’s basketball drops home opener to Hartford, 68-54
- BREAKING: Finance chair Thomas Coe confronted by anti-child abuse activist, on leave from the university
- An Election Reflection
- Nation to Campus: Subjectivity and the Constitution
- Wasteful ways
- Students struggles at the polls
- So long, Rick Grimes?
- Will Part Time get the recognition they deserve?
- ‘Lotta ties, lotta ties’
- Crossing the line
Music and slam poetry
The Department of Sociology and the Office of Multicultural and Global Education will sponsor a Hip-Hop Symposium and Poetry Slam on Thursday at 7 p.m. in the Mancheski Executive Seminar Room. Students will present their poems and music at the event. The event also includes guest speaker Matt Birkhold, the co-founder of Growing Roots. The Hip-Hop Symposium and Poetry Slam was created with Professor Don Sawyer’s Sociology of Hip-Hop course and QUOTE, the student spoken-word poetry organization.