- Quinnipiac women’s basketball eliminated by No. 1 UConn in NCAA Tournament
- Mutual respect
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball tops Miami to advance in NCAA Tournament
- Conor’s Column: Do the Bobcats have to live by the three?
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes 2018 March Madness picks
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey’s season ends at Cornell
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse cruises past Wagner, 11-3
- Feldman joins the century club
- Cait’s Column: No. 9 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey trounced by No. 1 Cornell
- Dancing again
Softball snaps 8-game skid, splits doubleheader
After starting out the season 2-12 and losing its last eight games, the Quinnipiac softball team headed down to Tampa, Fla. looking for a sign of fresh air.
Behind leadoff hitter Courtney Solt, the Bobcats got back in the win column Tuesday as they split the day/night doubleheader, topping Maine 6-5 then losing to South Florida 7-4.
Quinnipiac left fielder Solt went a combined 5-7 on the day. She was 2-3 in the win, and 3-4 in the loss.
Second basemen Nikki Barba led the Bobcats in their first win since March 1. Barba went 3-4 with two RBI. Shortstop Alex Alba also contributed with two hits, an RBI, and a run scored.
Freshman Nicole Gubellini got the start against the Black Bears. She went three innings, gave up eight hits, and only surrendered two runs while striking out two. Sidney Robey, also a freshman, came in for the final four innings of relief. She gave up five hits, three runs, and fanned three.
Quinnipiac then played national powerhouse South Florida in the second half of the doubleheader. Solt tallied three of the five Bobcat hits, while the other two belonged to Barba and Jordan Paolucci.
Sophomore Hannah Lindsley got the start going 2.2 innings in a losing effort. She gave up four hits and runs. Junior Katie Alfiere pitched the final 3.1 innings. She gave up only two hits and one run.
Quinnipiac hops right back into action down in Florida on Wednesday. It plays at 12 p.m. against UT-Chattanooga.