- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
Culture Shock 3/6
New Super-Group Band Forming
Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready, former Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan, and former Screaming Trees’ drummer Barrett Martin have formed a supergroup and are collaborating on music. According to Rolling Stone magazine, the band is still unnamed and is looking to find multiple vocalists to bring the music together. There are no set release dates yet, but it all depends on the soon-to-be-found vocalists.
The Sheen and Lohan Story
Charlie Sheen recently spoke out about his close relationship with Lindsay Lohan, saying he’s only her mentor and friend, with an emphasis on “only.”’ In an exclusive “TMZ” release statement, Sheen said his past experiences “make him the perfect mentor for Lindsay.” He recently lent the troubled star $100,000 to pay off her tax debt, and said he just wants to help her.
Jamie Lynn Spears Engaged
Britney Spears’ younger sister, Jamie Lynn Spears, announced through Twitter that she and her boyfriend are getting engaged. In the picture uploaded on Instagram and Twitter, Jamie Lynn flashes her engagement ring while hugging her soon-to-be husband, Jamie Watson. He proposed to her after dating for three years and making headlines nearly five years ago when they had a baby.
‘Modern Family’ Gets Stuck in Elevator
On their way to a charity event, “Modern Family” actors Julie Bowen, Eric Stonestreet and Jesse Tyler Ferguson, along with 12 other people, got stuck in an elevator for more than 45 minutes. It could’ve been a nightmare, but the incident was apparently like a scene out of a sitcom. The crowd kept calm and posted funny videos to Twitter via their phones.
Bieber’s Birthday Disaster
On March 1, Justin Bieber had a disagreement with security at the London club, Cirque Du Soir, where he held his birthday bash. Some of his posse, including Will Smith’s son, Jaden, who’s just 14, were too young to get inside. To stay loyal to his good friends, Bieber and his crew left the club, headed to McDonalds then back to the hotel. He later tweeted a simple two words to sum up the night- “Worst birthday.”