- Quinnipiac women’s basketball eliminated by No. 1 UConn in NCAA Tournament
- Mutual respect
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball tops Miami to advance in NCAA Tournament
- Conor’s Column: Do the Bobcats have to live by the three?
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes 2018 March Madness picks
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey’s season ends at Cornell
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse cruises past Wagner, 11-3
- Feldman joins the century club
- Cait’s Column: No. 9 Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey trounced by No. 1 Cornell
- Dancing again
WRECK: Spring Break Gone So Wrong
What do you get when you mix two Disney child stars, a couple of neon bikinis, and a cornrowed James Franco? No, this is not one of your awkward sexual nightmares; this is Harmony Korine’s new film “Spring Breakers.” Selena Gomez (post-Bieber, I assume), Vanessa Hudgens (who showed her boobs on the Internet after starring in a children’s movie, remember?), Ashley Benson from ABC Family’s teen thriller, “Pretty Little Liars,” and Rachel Korine (Yes, the director’s wife. Awkward.) all star in the in-your-face sexy crime thriller.
Harmony Korine is known to push the envelope, but this envelope seems to be ripped open. The trailer shows the girls hanging out with James Franco, drinking beer, going to court, chilling in their dorm, all in bikinis. As if this trailer isn’t annoying enough, just add Skrillex, flashing lights that can, and probably will, induce an epileptic fit, and the words “Spring Break” being said every 15 seconds. I am all about sexy crime dramas, but could you make the trailer a little less obnoxious and strayed from the point? We get it. They’re hot now. There’s no need for this crazy trailer.