- Men’s basketball falls to Hartford
- Smaller budgets, fewer classes
- Student hockey tickets sell in record time
- La Salle rallies past men’s basketball
- Women’s basketball tops Hampton 87-59
- No. 5 women’s ice hockey defeats Union
- Fairfield tops men’s soccer in MAAC Semifinals
- Lights of Hope event brightens community
- Men’s basketball preps for CT 6
- University welcomes new fraternity
Women’s indoor track places 6th at NEC Championships
This weekend, the women’s indoor track and field team placed 6th at the Northeast Conference Championships.
“It was a very exciting day for us at the Championships,” head coach Carolyn Martin said to Quinnipiac Athletics. “I think our freshmen learned a lot about themselves and about racing today. We have a very young team so the experience gained here will go a long ways towards making us better in the outdoor season and next year. We will look to use what we learned and get getter. Everyone on this team is hungry to improve and I expect big things from them in the coming weeks.”
The Bobcats were led by the distance medal relay team who placed second and the 4 x 400m relay team who placed fourth overall.
The distance relay team of Morgan Roche, Becca White, Rebecca Stabile and Hannah Donadio crossed the finish line with a time of 12:22.35.
The 4 x 400m relay team cracked another program record with a time of 3:56.29. Nadia Jarvis, Shameal Samuels, Kristin Ulrich and Stabile made up the fourth place team.
On Saturday, White and Brianna Faust placed in the 3000m.
Quinnipiac finished with a total of 45 points, while Monmouth University took first with 140.5 total points.