- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
Women’s basketball wins 12th straight
Improve to 11-0 in conference despite off nights from Barron, Martin
The Quinnipiac women’s basketball team picked up its 20th win of the season tonight with a 63-53 win over Central Connecticut State.
The team extended its winning streak to 12 games with its last loss coming Dec. 29 to Georgia Tech.
Brittany McQuain had a game-high of 21 points off 7-for-11 from the floor as well as 7-of-8 from the free throw line. McQuain had been in a bit of a slump scoring eight points or fewer in her previous four games.
With the win, the Bobcats (20-2, 11-0 Northeast Conference) sweep the season series against the Blue Devils (11-11, 5-6 NEC). Last time out, the Bobcats won 82-73 at home but had a difficult time handling Jaclyn Babe who scored a game-high 30 points. Tonight Quinnipiac held Babe to 13 points and five turnovers.
Forward Camryn Warner was the only other Bobcat to score in double figures. Senior Felicia Barron and sophomore Jasmine Martin had difficult nights from the floor combining to shoot 1-for-18 and talling just six points. They did however pick up two steals each as Quinnipiac forced 26 turnovers on the night.
Quinnipiac was dominated on the boards as they lost the rebound battle 46-22.
The Bobcats will look to make it 13-straight when they host Saint Francis (Pa.) on Saturday at noon.