- No. 3 Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling falls to No. 2 Oregon
- Rossman sets women’s ice hockey shutout record in Senior Day win
- Men’s basketball loses overtime heart-breaker to Fairfield
- Women’s ice hockey decimates RPI as Rossman ties program shutout record
- Women’s basketball defeats Iona in MAAC Championship rematch
- Student wins Global Student Entrepreneur Award
- Students volunteer to assist local residents with tax returns
- Students, faculty participate in silent vigil to support immigrants and refugees
- Slammed with snow
- Men’s ice hockey drops close contest to Clarkson
Welcome Odie’s Place to Whitney
Odie's Place replaces Whitney Bar and Grille
New to Whitney Avenue this semester is Odie’s Place. Some will know this as the old Whitney Bar and Grille. Co-owners Elias Defaranos and Dan Carr opened the establishment in hopes of running a successful bar and grille in this college town.
“We were both looking for an establishment,” said Defaranos. “The opportunity arose, and we jumped on it.”
Located on 3352 Whitney Ave., Defaranos and Carr hope Odie’s Place can become a local spot for Quinnipiac students and Hamden residents, as the establishment has been in the past under a different name and different ownership.
Odie’s offers theme nights including Tuesday-night Trivia and Thursday-night Karaoke, and happy hour runs from 4-7 and includes $2 drafts and $2.50 well-drinks.
Odie’s also comes equipped with shuffleboard tables, pool tables and large, flat screen televisions.
And if you don’t want to stop by for the drinks or the entertainment, you can stop by for the food says Defaranos.
Odie’s Place offers a full menu that opens up at 11a.m. which comes with an assortment of food options.
Defaranos highly recommends the specialty pizzas, which include mashed potato pizza and mac ‘n’ cheese pizza.
While Odie’s doesn’t deliver yet, they hope to be on board within the next couple of months.
Closing times run from 1 a.m. on weekdays and 2 a.m. on weekends.
Defaranos urges students to stop by and check out the new place.
You can reach them at 203-288-ODIE (6343) or friend them on Facebook by searching for Odie’s Place.