- Quinnipiac University suspends men’s lacrosse team
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
Welcome Odie’s Place to Whitney
Odie's Place replaces Whitney Bar and Grille
New to Whitney Avenue this semester is Odie’s Place. Some will know this as the old Whitney Bar and Grille. Co-owners Elias Defaranos and Dan Carr opened the establishment in hopes of running a successful bar and grille in this college town.
“We were both looking for an establishment,” said Defaranos. “The opportunity arose, and we jumped on it.”
Located on 3352 Whitney Ave., Defaranos and Carr hope Odie’s Place can become a local spot for Quinnipiac students and Hamden residents, as the establishment has been in the past under a different name and different ownership.
Odie’s offers theme nights including Tuesday-night Trivia and Thursday-night Karaoke, and happy hour runs from 4-7 and includes $2 drafts and $2.50 well-drinks.
Odie’s also comes equipped with shuffleboard tables, pool tables and large, flat screen televisions.
And if you don’t want to stop by for the drinks or the entertainment, you can stop by for the food says Defaranos.
Odie’s Place offers a full menu that opens up at 11a.m. which comes with an assortment of food options.
Defaranos highly recommends the specialty pizzas, which include mashed potato pizza and mac ‘n’ cheese pizza.
While Odie’s doesn’t deliver yet, they hope to be on board within the next couple of months.
Closing times run from 1 a.m. on weekdays and 2 a.m. on weekends.
Defaranos urges students to stop by and check out the new place.
You can reach them at 203-288-ODIE (6343) or friend them on Facebook by searching for Odie’s Place.