- Women’s basketball’s upset bid against Michigan State falls short
- Men’s basketball beats Marist for first MAAC win
- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
Welcome Odie’s Place to Whitney
Odie's Place replaces Whitney Bar and Grille
New to Whitney Avenue this semester is Odie’s Place. Some will know this as the old Whitney Bar and Grille. Co-owners Elias Defaranos and Dan Carr opened the establishment in hopes of running a successful bar and grille in this college town.
“We were both looking for an establishment,” said Defaranos. “The opportunity arose, and we jumped on it.”
Located on 3352 Whitney Ave., Defaranos and Carr hope Odie’s Place can become a local spot for Quinnipiac students and Hamden residents, as the establishment has been in the past under a different name and different ownership.
Odie’s offers theme nights including Tuesday-night Trivia and Thursday-night Karaoke, and happy hour runs from 4-7 and includes $2 drafts and $2.50 well-drinks.
Odie’s also comes equipped with shuffleboard tables, pool tables and large, flat screen televisions.
And if you don’t want to stop by for the drinks or the entertainment, you can stop by for the food says Defaranos.
Odie’s Place offers a full menu that opens up at 11a.m. which comes with an assortment of food options.
Defaranos highly recommends the specialty pizzas, which include mashed potato pizza and mac ‘n’ cheese pizza.
While Odie’s doesn’t deliver yet, they hope to be on board within the next couple of months.
Closing times run from 1 a.m. on weekdays and 2 a.m. on weekends.
Defaranos urges students to stop by and check out the new place.
You can reach them at 203-288-ODIE (6343) or friend them on Facebook by searching for Odie’s Place.