- Quinnipiac completes season sweep over rival Yale with Heroes Hat win
- Quinnipiac set to take on rival Yale
- Matt King joins men’s ice hockey as walk-on goaltender
- In his mother’s memory
- Current Craze
- Living the Legend
- Panel of professors explain human rights for minorities
- Accommodating everyday struggles
- Students become finalists in NESN’s ‘Next Producer Contest’
- Students crowd portal for tickets to Yale game
Three records fall at New England Championships
The women’s track team placed 16th overall at the New England Championships recording 16 points. Three school records were broken in the meet.
“The girls exceeded expectations all day and came up with clutch performances throughout the competition,” head coach Carolyn Martin said. “We’ve transformed from purely a long distance team into an all-around competitor.”
Rebecca Stabile placed fourth in the 500 m. Stabile broke the school record with a time of 1:14.53. Stabile’s performance qualified her for the ECAC Championship in March.
The Bobcats 4x400m relay team also broke the school record with a time of 3:56.29 and gave them a sixth place finish. The relay team of Stabile, Sam Stabile, Nadia Jarvis and Shameal Samuels also combined to qualify for the ECAC Championship.
Chelsea Savage, Medinah Nabadduka, Katy Petrie and Hannah Donadio made up the third broken record in the 4×800 m relay. The team recorded a time of 9:10.63 and placed third in the event.