- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
- International students celebrate Thanksgiving
RAVE: JT’s comeback
If Justin Timberlake is famous for anything, it’s that he brings sexy back at the most unexpected times. This may not have been what he was planning when he started working on his new album, “The 20/20 Experience.” In an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, JT explained that he wanted his new album to be unique and “without all the hoopla of, like expectations.” When he was working with his producer and longtime friend, Timbaland, on the album, he told him, “Let’s just make something that feels genuine from us.”
Timberlake’s comeback definitely feels genuine, as he mixes his famous pop style with a new R&B feel and catchy lyrics. His album is titled “The 20/20 Experience” because he wants his listeners to not only hear the music, but see it and feel that they are being immersed in another world created by it.
The new album, set to release March 19, features 10 songs. As this is only JT’s third solo album and the first since 2006’s “FutureSex/LoveSounds,” there is no question that he puts time and effort into every song. The pre-release of two of his songs, “Suit and Tie” and “Mirrors,” set high expectations for the rest of his album. These songs, and hopefully the entire album, are a perfect reflection of Justin and Timbaland’s hope to create music that is reminiscent of what we already know and love, but also has a new spin.