- Quinnipiac University suspends men’s lacrosse team
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
Event Spotlight: WQAQ’s Battle of the Bands
WQAQ, the student run radio station broadcasting 24/7, is scheduled to hold it’s annual concert, “Battle of the Bands,” on March 2 at 6 p.m.
Battle of the Bands, which will be held in Burt Kahn, gives students a chance to see their friends and peers perform and expose them to new types of music.
“People should attend the show because it’s always inspiring to see people make music and we love to help people out with this,” senior and general manager of WQAQ, Benjamin Goodheart said.“We guarantee you’ll have a blast because it’s always a ton of fun.”
The bands competing in the show are all comprised of Quinnipiac students, including Oak Tree, TROLLLLORT, Mad Menace, Peter Corkery, The Lochmers, Ryan Subhan, Molten Zombie and Greg Mayer.
The night will be filled with a variety of different music and prizes, Goodheart said. The first place winner will receive $300 and will also play in the opening line up for WQAQ’s spring concert. The second and third place winners will receive $200 and $100 respectively.
“People should attend because we have a lot talented students at Quinnipiac,” said senior and music manager for WQAQ, Scott Wong. “The past years I’ve attended we’ve always had great contestants. None of them ever seem nervous to perform and it’s always been a good time. It’ll be a great time so don’t forget to mark your calendars!”