- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
Event Spotlight: WQAQ’s Battle of the Bands
WQAQ, the student run radio station broadcasting 24/7, is scheduled to hold it’s annual concert, “Battle of the Bands,” on March 2 at 6 p.m.
Battle of the Bands, which will be held in Burt Kahn, gives students a chance to see their friends and peers perform and expose them to new types of music.
“People should attend the show because it’s always inspiring to see people make music and we love to help people out with this,” senior and general manager of WQAQ, Benjamin Goodheart said.“We guarantee you’ll have a blast because it’s always a ton of fun.”
The bands competing in the show are all comprised of Quinnipiac students, including Oak Tree, TROLLLLORT, Mad Menace, Peter Corkery, The Lochmers, Ryan Subhan, Molten Zombie and Greg Mayer.
The night will be filled with a variety of different music and prizes, Goodheart said. The first place winner will receive $300 and will also play in the opening line up for WQAQ’s spring concert. The second and third place winners will receive $200 and $100 respectively.
“People should attend because we have a lot talented students at Quinnipiac,” said senior and music manager for WQAQ, Scott Wong. “The past years I’ve attended we’ve always had great contestants. None of them ever seem nervous to perform and it’s always been a good time. It’ll be a great time so don’t forget to mark your calendars!”