- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Event Spotlight: WQAQ’s Battle of the Bands
WQAQ, the student run radio station broadcasting 24/7, is scheduled to hold it’s annual concert, “Battle of the Bands,” on March 2 at 6 p.m.
Battle of the Bands, which will be held in Burt Kahn, gives students a chance to see their friends and peers perform and expose them to new types of music.
“People should attend the show because it’s always inspiring to see people make music and we love to help people out with this,” senior and general manager of WQAQ, Benjamin Goodheart said.“We guarantee you’ll have a blast because it’s always a ton of fun.”
The bands competing in the show are all comprised of Quinnipiac students, including Oak Tree, TROLLLLORT, Mad Menace, Peter Corkery, The Lochmers, Ryan Subhan, Molten Zombie and Greg Mayer.
The night will be filled with a variety of different music and prizes, Goodheart said. The first place winner will receive $300 and will also play in the opening line up for WQAQ’s spring concert. The second and third place winners will receive $200 and $100 respectively.
“People should attend because we have a lot talented students at Quinnipiac,” said senior and music manager for WQAQ, Scott Wong. “The past years I’ve attended we’ve always had great contestants. None of them ever seem nervous to perform and it’s always been a good time. It’ll be a great time so don’t forget to mark your calendars!”