- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
- International students celebrate Thanksgiving
- New university website aimed at prospective students
- SGA pushes for new desks in Tator Hall
Culture Shock, 2/27
Andy Samberg Engaged
The Saturday Night Live comedian announced his engagement to girlfriend of more than five years, Joanna Newsom, a singer-songwriter. Newsom flaunted her ring at Film Independent Spirit awards at Santa Monica Beach on Feb. 23. reported Us Weekly.
MacFarlane reviews wide-ranging
Seth MacFarlane hosting gig at the 2013 Oscars was a controversial one. From jokes about Chris Brown and Rihanna to a musical number about seeing actresses’ boobs, some were left with a bad taste, while others raved about his comic genius. He drew in a younger crowd this year, gaining 20 percent more people under 35 according to Nielson data.
Kimye Baby Girl
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian now know the gender of their child, announcing they are having a baby girl in the summer.
Khalifa’s a Daddy
Wiz Khalifa’s girlfriend, Amber Rose, just gave birth to their first child. Sebastian “The Bash” Thomaz was born this past week and is already being spoiled with love and gifts from his celebrity parents.
Bieber’s New Girl
It seems that Justin Bieber may in fact be getting over Selena Gomez. Bieber was spotted overseas in the U.K. with aspiring singer Ella-Paige Roberts-Clarke, who is rumored to be his new gal pal.
Pistorius granted bail
Olympian Oscar Pistorius has just been granted bail in the shooting death of his model-girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine’s Day. While Pistorius awaits his trial to start, his brother Carl is facing his homicide charges going back to a 2008 incident.
No good deed goes unpunished..or not
A homeless man in Missouri is being rewarded for doing the right thing. Billy Ray Harris returned a diamond ring that was accidently dropped in his change cup. The owner of the ring, Sarah Darling, and her husband set up a fundraiser for Harris which has currently exceeded $86,000.