- Quinnipiac men’s basketball drops home opener to Hartford, 68-54
- BREAKING: Finance chair Thomas Coe confronted by anti-child abuse activist, on leave from the university
- An Election Reflection
- Nation to Campus: Subjectivity and the Constitution
- Wasteful ways
- Students struggles at the polls
- So long, Rick Grimes?
- Will Part Time get the recognition they deserve?
- ‘Lotta ties, lotta ties’
- Crossing the line
Alumni Affairs’ associate director charged with DUI
Christopher Zavodsky, associate director of alumni affairs and parent relations, was arrested and charged with operating under the influence around midnight on Feb. 1, according to Hamden Police. According to the police statement, Zavodsky’s vehicle struck two cars stopped at the intersection of Whitney Avenue and Westwoods Road, and Zavodsky fled the scene.
Police later found 24-year-old Zavodsky and his vehicle at the York Hill Campus, where he was arrested and brought to police headquarters.
In addition to operating under the influence, police charged Zavodsky with evading responsibility, failure to drive in a proper lane, following too close and failure to carry an insurance card.
Zavodsky is a 2010 graduate of Quinnipiac University and has been in his Alumni Affairs position since November 2011.
Though the university would not comment, as of Feb. 7, Zavodsky was still listed in the Quinnipiac directory. His name and title also signed an email sent out to Quinnipiac seniors by the Alumni Association on Feb. 6.