- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
- International students celebrate Thanksgiving
- New university website aimed at prospective students
- SGA pushes for new desks in Tator Hall
- ‘Art of Protest’ presents LGBTQ civil rights history
WRECK: Mariah Carey v. Nicki Minaj
I never thought I would say this, but let’s bring Paula and Simon back.
American Idol is no longer a singing competition, but it is an ego competition between Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj. The Diva and the “Superbass” superstar, have duked it out whether they’re kidding or serious, so much to the point where the attention has been taken off the contestants. Fans are more excited about the Nicki and Mariah banter than they are for the actual show.
Here’s the thing, who does Nicki Minaj think she is? Does she know who’s she’s talking to? As a relatively new artist who is she to argue with Mariah Carey, who was making music when she was 5 years old. Mariah is up there the other greats of R&B and Pop and Nicki, as a “newbie” should realize that refuting everything she has to say, may not be the best idea.
And Mariah isn’t a complete victim here, the pompous facial expressions and superior attitude needs to be shaken off. However, it’s Nicki thats the instigator here. The high profile mini-feuds seemed to drag the show, making each contestant segment a frustration more than entertainment. Mariah and Nicki were featured more than the contestants. Is that even allowed? Even Paula didn’t make it about her as much.