- Quinnipiac men’s basketball drops home opener to Hartford, 68-54
- BREAKING: Finance chair Thomas Coe confronted by anti-child abuse activist, on leave from the university
- An Election Reflection
- Nation to Campus: Subjectivity and the Constitution
- Wasteful ways
- Students struggles at the polls
- So long, Rick Grimes?
- Will Part Time get the recognition they deserve?
- ‘Lotta ties, lotta ties’
- Crossing the line
Hartford-New Haven sixth drunkest city
The Daily Beast ranked Hartford-New Haven number six in its “25 Drunkest Cities 2012, from Milwaukee to Burlington, Vermont.” The Daily Beast worked with market researcher Experian Marketing Services for data based on recent average numbers of alcoholic drinks per month per adult in each metro area, according to its website. Hartford-New Haven’s data showed 15.2 average alcoholic drinks were consumed by adults per month, 16. 5 percent of the population classified as binge drinkers, and 3.6 percent of the population classified as heavy drinkers.