- Men’s lacrosse advances in first ever NCAA tournament game
- Men’s lacrosse wins MAAC Championship
- Op-Ed: Inequality for women’s sports must be addressed
- Spring Sports Awards
- Tennis triumphs
- Quinnipiac baseball drops two games against Monmouth on Saturday
- Men’s lacrosse finishes regular season with undefeated conference record
- Softball shuts out Sacred Heart in win
- Fetty finally came our way
- Baseball defeats Massachusetts 7-0
Women’s basketball edges St. John’s
Felicia Barron hits key three pointer as Bobcats defeat Red Storm, 75-72
Felicia Barron drained what ended up being the game winning three pointer Saturday afternoon at the TD Bank Sports Center, as Quinnipiac defeated St. John’s, 75-72.
Barron came off the bench with 2:20 remaining in regulation down 72-70, before hitting the 3-pointer with 2:09 remaining to give Quinnipiac the lead. Following, Gillian Abshire padded the lead with a shot from the field, pushing the lead to 75-72.
St. John’s controlled much of the game in the first half, holding a 16-7 lead over the Bobcats 7:56 in. Quinnipiac then closed the gap to 30-29 with 4:29 remaining in the half.
In the second half, the Bobcats took their first lead of the contest, 54-53, with 11:17 remaining in the game. Quinnipiac kept the pressure on until the closing minutes, when Barron hit the key shot, escaping the game with a 75-72 win.
Samantha Guastella recorded a double-double, notching 11 points and 10 rebounds. Barron, Brittany McQuain, and Jasmine Martin also reached double digits in points.
Next up, the Bobcats head to the FIU Tournament where they will take on Georgia Tech at 6 p.m. on Dec. 29.