- Men’s ice hockey outshoots Union 54-17, but falls 5-2
- Women’s basketball stifles Siena, forces 34 turnovers
- Men’s ice hockey beats RPI behind three power-play goals
- Men’s basketball drops MAAC opener to Monmouth
- Four kittens rescued from storm drain on-campus
- Remembering a beloved professor
- Police investigating robbery at Krauszer’s Market
- Quinnipiac rugby wins second straight national championship
- Public Safety investigates newspaper theft
- International students celebrate Thanksgiving
Women’s basketball edges St. John’s
Felicia Barron hits key three pointer as Bobcats defeat Red Storm, 75-72
Felicia Barron drained what ended up being the game winning three pointer Saturday afternoon at the TD Bank Sports Center, as Quinnipiac defeated St. John’s, 75-72.
Barron came off the bench with 2:20 remaining in regulation down 72-70, before hitting the 3-pointer with 2:09 remaining to give Quinnipiac the lead. Following, Gillian Abshire padded the lead with a shot from the field, pushing the lead to 75-72.
St. John’s controlled much of the game in the first half, holding a 16-7 lead over the Bobcats 7:56 in. Quinnipiac then closed the gap to 30-29 with 4:29 remaining in the half.
In the second half, the Bobcats took their first lead of the contest, 54-53, with 11:17 remaining in the game. Quinnipiac kept the pressure on until the closing minutes, when Barron hit the key shot, escaping the game with a 75-72 win.
Samantha Guastella recorded a double-double, notching 11 points and 10 rebounds. Barron, Brittany McQuain, and Jasmine Martin also reached double digits in points.
Next up, the Bobcats head to the FIU Tournament where they will take on Georgia Tech at 6 p.m. on Dec. 29.