- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
- Former Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey player Connor Clifton signs with the Boston Bruins
- Quinnipiac Avenue explosion
- Push for perfection
- Moving forward, looking back. Farewell Lahey
Women’s basketball edges St. John’s
Felicia Barron hits key three pointer as Bobcats defeat Red Storm, 75-72
Felicia Barron drained what ended up being the game winning three pointer Saturday afternoon at the TD Bank Sports Center, as Quinnipiac defeated St. John’s, 75-72.
Barron came off the bench with 2:20 remaining in regulation down 72-70, before hitting the 3-pointer with 2:09 remaining to give Quinnipiac the lead. Following, Gillian Abshire padded the lead with a shot from the field, pushing the lead to 75-72.
St. John’s controlled much of the game in the first half, holding a 16-7 lead over the Bobcats 7:56 in. Quinnipiac then closed the gap to 30-29 with 4:29 remaining in the half.
In the second half, the Bobcats took their first lead of the contest, 54-53, with 11:17 remaining in the game. Quinnipiac kept the pressure on until the closing minutes, when Barron hit the key shot, escaping the game with a 75-72 win.
Samantha Guastella recorded a double-double, notching 11 points and 10 rebounds. Barron, Brittany McQuain, and Jasmine Martin also reached double digits in points.
Next up, the Bobcats head to the FIU Tournament where they will take on Georgia Tech at 6 p.m. on Dec. 29.