- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
Women’s basketball edges St. John’s
Felicia Barron hits key three pointer as Bobcats defeat Red Storm, 75-72
Felicia Barron drained what ended up being the game winning three pointer Saturday afternoon at the TD Bank Sports Center, as Quinnipiac defeated St. John’s, 75-72.
Barron came off the bench with 2:20 remaining in regulation down 72-70, before hitting the 3-pointer with 2:09 remaining to give Quinnipiac the lead. Following, Gillian Abshire padded the lead with a shot from the field, pushing the lead to 75-72.
St. John’s controlled much of the game in the first half, holding a 16-7 lead over the Bobcats 7:56 in. Quinnipiac then closed the gap to 30-29 with 4:29 remaining in the half.
In the second half, the Bobcats took their first lead of the contest, 54-53, with 11:17 remaining in the game. Quinnipiac kept the pressure on until the closing minutes, when Barron hit the key shot, escaping the game with a 75-72 win.
Samantha Guastella recorded a double-double, notching 11 points and 10 rebounds. Barron, Brittany McQuain, and Jasmine Martin also reached double digits in points.
Next up, the Bobcats head to the FIU Tournament where they will take on Georgia Tech at 6 p.m. on Dec. 29.