- Quinnipiac University suspends men’s lacrosse team
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
Women’s basketball wins season-opener
Senior Felicia Barron’s 23-point game propelled the women’s basketball team to a 65-60 season-opening win against James Madison on Sunday in Harrisonburg, Va.
The Bobcats road victory snapped a nine-game home winning streak for the Dukes. James Madison’s last home loss was to Delaware on Jan. 29.
Barron also added five steals in the victory.
Brittany McQuain and Samantha Guastella added double-doubles in the win. McQuain chiming in 10 points and 10 rebounds, while Guastella scored 12 points and collected 10 rebounds.
“Our second half was fantastic,” Quinnipiac head coach Tricia Fabbri said. “We know that this game on the schedule was going to be a great atmosphere, being preseason No. 1 in our league, we know that this was the type of game that we need to play for us to continue and grow and get better as the season goes along.”
With 6:00 remaining on the clock, Quinnipiac went on a 14-4 point run, giving them an 11 point lead to secure the win.
Jasmine Martin recorded seven points in the game.
The Dukes were led by Kirby Burkholder with 24 points and Tarik Hislop with 16. James Madison falls to 0-2 on the young season.