- Quinnipiac University suspends men’s lacrosse team
- Quinnipiac women’s ice hockey rolls past Guelph in exhibition game
- Quinnipiac volleyball falls to Iona, 3-1, in MAAC contest
- Quinnipiac women’s soccer dominant in win over Fairfield
- Quinnipiac field hockey defeats Georgetown in Big East battle
- Quinnipiac men’s soccer tops Central Connecticut State for second straight win
- SGA releases 2018-19 election results
- Public Safety Officer Invents ‘Hooked on Baby’
- Get Cultured
- Health center to host group therapy sessions
Men’s Ice Hockey defeats No. 14 St. Lawrence 6-2
The Bobcats (7-3-1, 4-0) remain undefeated against ranked opponents. St. Lawrence falls to 5-3-2 overall and 0-2-2 in the ECAC.
“We had everyone chipping in tonight,” said head coach Rand Pecknold. “It was definitely a team effort. I thought all four lines played well. All six defenseman played well.”
The first goal of the game was scored just five minutes into the first period by Quinnipiac’s Alex Barron off of a pass from Cory Hibbeler.
Langlois scored the second goal for the Bobcats. Clay Harvey found Langlois between the face-off circles. Langlois received the pass and sent a shot a shot over St. Lawrence goalie Matt Weninger.
Quinnipiac scored another two goals in the second period when Russell Goodman caught the rebound off of a Dan Federico shot and sent it in for a 3-0 lead on a powerplay. Less than three minutes later Connor Jones scored his first goal of the year.
Langlois scored his second goal early in the third period. Jordan Samuels-Thomas and Federico picked up the assists. Zack Currie picked up the final Quinnipiac goal of the game, while Goodman and Hibbeler recorded the assists.
St. Lawrence scored its only goals in the third period from Greg Carey and Kyle Flanagan.
Eric Hartzell picked up 9 saves in the victory, while the Bobcats outshot St. Lawrence 32-9.