- Quinnipiac baseball drops two games against Monmouth on Saturday
- Men’s lacrosse finishes regular season with undefeated conference record
- Softball shuts out Sacred Heart in win
- Fetty finally came our way
- Baseball defeats Massachusetts 7-0
- Chartwells donates to QU301 service trip
- Beta Theta Pi raises $3,300 for Cancer Research
- Quinnipiac’s Relay for Life paints the campus purple
- 3+1 Communications program to start Fall 2016
- May weekend: A history
Clarkson takes down women’s ice hockey
Eric Uden Johansson scores only Bobcat goal as Golden Knights cruise, 4-1.
No. 3 Clarkson continued its undefeated season in the Eastern Coast Atlantic Conference Friday evening, as the Golden Knights defeated Quinnipiac, 4-1, in Hamden, Conn. The win was Clarkson’s 11 overall this season. Nicole Kosta and Kelly Babstock were credited with assists on the day, while Clarkson forward Jamie Lee Rattray recorded a hat trick.
The Bobcats (6-5-2, 3-3-1 ECAC) only goal of the night came at 13:05 in the first period via the power play; the squad’s 15th goal when playing a man up this year. Kosta caught a loose puck off of a Babstock shot, before passing it to Johansson across the zone. Johansson then ripped a shot past Erica Howe for the early 1-0 advantage.
Yet, such a lead was short lived, as the Golden Knights knotted the game at one just 4:26 later off the stick of Rattray on the power play. Early in the second period, Rattray hit the twine again for her second goal of the night.
Clarkson (11-2-0, 5-0-0 ECAC) put the contest out of reach mid-way through the third, when Danielle Skirrow scored to push the Golden Knights lead to 3-1. Later, with two seconds remaining in regulation, Rattray fired a shot across the empty crease for her third goal of the night and the hat trick.
Quinnipiac returns to the High Point Solutions Arena today at the TD Bank Sports Center at 4 p.m. when they take on St. Lawrence.