- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
- Quinnipiac baseball secures 2-1 series win against Niagara
RAVE: The Cupcake Truck
The popular Cupcake Truck made an appearance at the Farmers’ Market on Mount Carmel campus last Thursday. Students and faculty couldn’t get enough of the delectable treats. The winner of the Food Network’s Cupcake Wars, East Haven’s Sugar Cupcakery and Bakery serves a large variety of elaborate cupcakes. There was a flavor to please everyone, including Red Velvet, Strawberry Shortcake, Caramel Apple, Pumpkin Pie, and many more.
Carol Vollono started Sugar Cupcakery and Bakery with her daughter, Brenda DePonte, in 2004. The two collaborated and Vollono learned to put her own twist on some old recipes, creating the perfect cupcake as well as other desserts.
The bakery has made a name for itself in the New Haven area, and in addition to purchasing the cupcakes and pastries at the bakery, the cupcake truck visits different towns in the area on a daily basis and is even available to schedule for private events. With a daily selection of 36 flavors, as well as others available seasonally or upon request, Sugar Cupcakery and Bakery was the perfect afternoon treat.