- South Carolina ends Quinnipiac’s tournament run in Sweet 16
- Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling dominates Glenville State
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball takes on South Carolina in Sweet 16
- Column: Another game, another hero
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball advances to Sweet 16
- Harvard ends Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey season in Lake Placid
- Chronicle Sports Staff makes March Madness picks
- Multicultural Suite to open in Student Center
- Assistant director of OFSL to resign on March 10
- GSA hosts peaceful protest for transgender rights
RAVE: The Cupcake Truck
The popular Cupcake Truck made an appearance at the Farmers’ Market on Mount Carmel campus last Thursday. Students and faculty couldn’t get enough of the delectable treats. The winner of the Food Network’s Cupcake Wars, East Haven’s Sugar Cupcakery and Bakery serves a large variety of elaborate cupcakes. There was a flavor to please everyone, including Red Velvet, Strawberry Shortcake, Caramel Apple, Pumpkin Pie, and many more.
Carol Vollono started Sugar Cupcakery and Bakery with her daughter, Brenda DePonte, in 2004. The two collaborated and Vollono learned to put her own twist on some old recipes, creating the perfect cupcake as well as other desserts.
The bakery has made a name for itself in the New Haven area, and in addition to purchasing the cupcakes and pastries at the bakery, the cupcake truck visits different towns in the area on a daily basis and is even available to schedule for private events. With a daily selection of 36 flavors, as well as others available seasonally or upon request, Sugar Cupcakery and Bakery was the perfect afternoon treat.