- Men’s ice hockey crushes Colgate, 4-1
- Men’s basketball falls to Brown in non-conference finale
- Fall Sports Awards
- Health center implements new policy for spring 2017
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey drops third straight, 4-1 to Princeton
- Serving up tradition
- Anne Dichele appointed as Interim Dean of the School of Education
- Got the finals freak outs?
- Dog Finals benefits students by reducing stress levels
- The Chronicle’s top ten news stories in 2016
RAVE: The Cupcake Truck
The popular Cupcake Truck made an appearance at the Farmers’ Market on Mount Carmel campus last Thursday. Students and faculty couldn’t get enough of the delectable treats. The winner of the Food Network’s Cupcake Wars, East Haven’s Sugar Cupcakery and Bakery serves a large variety of elaborate cupcakes. There was a flavor to please everyone, including Red Velvet, Strawberry Shortcake, Caramel Apple, Pumpkin Pie, and many more.
Carol Vollono started Sugar Cupcakery and Bakery with her daughter, Brenda DePonte, in 2004. The two collaborated and Vollono learned to put her own twist on some old recipes, creating the perfect cupcake as well as other desserts.
The bakery has made a name for itself in the New Haven area, and in addition to purchasing the cupcakes and pastries at the bakery, the cupcake truck visits different towns in the area on a daily basis and is even available to schedule for private events. With a daily selection of 36 flavors, as well as others available seasonally or upon request, Sugar Cupcakery and Bakery was the perfect afternoon treat.