- Quinnipiac women’s lacrosse gets first win of the season over Saint Francis
- Quinnipiac men’s lacrosse unable to keep pace with Vermont, loses 10-5
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball falls to Saint Peter’s on Senior Day
- Quinnipiac students arrested for drug possession
- Boarding on Bobcat Way
- Students cheat Chartwells
- Confessions of a coffee addict
- Academic assist
- Strautmane standing tall
- Snap out of it
RAVE: The Cupcake Truck
The popular Cupcake Truck made an appearance at the Farmers’ Market on Mount Carmel campus last Thursday. Students and faculty couldn’t get enough of the delectable treats. The winner of the Food Network’s Cupcake Wars, East Haven’s Sugar Cupcakery and Bakery serves a large variety of elaborate cupcakes. There was a flavor to please everyone, including Red Velvet, Strawberry Shortcake, Caramel Apple, Pumpkin Pie, and many more.
Carol Vollono started Sugar Cupcakery and Bakery with her daughter, Brenda DePonte, in 2004. The two collaborated and Vollono learned to put her own twist on some old recipes, creating the perfect cupcake as well as other desserts.
The bakery has made a name for itself in the New Haven area, and in addition to purchasing the cupcakes and pastries at the bakery, the cupcake truck visits different towns in the area on a daily basis and is even available to schedule for private events. With a daily selection of 36 flavors, as well as others available seasonally or upon request, Sugar Cupcakery and Bakery was the perfect afternoon treat.