- Baker Dunleavy signs five-year contract extension
- New Haven issues a Public Health Alert after over 90 people overdose
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball finalizes 2018-19 schedule
- Quinnipiac men’s basketball unveils non-conference slate
- Quinnipiac women’s basketball announces non-conference schedule
- New QCards show more face and less branding for easier identification
- President Judy Olian to ‘shape Quinnipiac’s bright future’ with students
- Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey releases 2018-19 schedule
- Sleeping Giant State Park closed indefinitely after tornado damage
- Quinnipiac partners with People’s United Bank
Culture Shock Oct. 17
Nelly Gets Arrested
The St. Louis rapper’s tour bus was searched this past week while he was passing through Sierra Blanca, Texas, turning up weed, heroin and a loaded gun. While Nelly and five others were detained, they were later released after a man named Brian Keith reportedly admitted the illegal items were his.
Lindsay’s Voting For Mitt
Politicians are taking any celebrity endorsement they can get these days, and Mitt Romney just got another. Lindsay Lohan took to Twitter to proudly stand behind the Romney/Ryan ticket. Lohan’s support may only go as far as her tweets as she isn’t even registered to vote. Good luck with that.
Justin Bieber’s Hoax
Last week, Justin Bieber ranted his frustrations via Twitter, claiming some of his stuff had been stolen during the show in Tacoma, Wash. One of the allegedly stolen items happens to be his laptop containing loads of personal material. Ultimately, the supposed thief leaked a link from the stolen computer to fans, a.k.a. Beliebers, that led them to his new music video for “Beauty and a Beat” featuring Nicki Minaj. Well played, Biebs!
Oprah’s Favorite Things
For the first time since 2010, “Oprah’s Favorite Things” will return to television in a one-time special event, only on OWN. Oprah Winfrey will once again surprise an unsuspecting group of people with an over-the-top super secret giveaway. This time, it will be military spouses from each branch of the Armed Forces who will be receiving the gifts of a lifetime. Any chance Oprah swings by Quinnipiac next?
Reggie Bush will be a Dad
As if it wasn’t bad enough that the very attractive Reggie Bush is off the market, now his girlfriend, Lilit Avagyan, who could pass as Kim Kardashian’s doppelganger, is pregnant with their first child. “I’m hoping for a boy because if it’s a girl, I’m going straight to the gun shop to buy some guns,” Bush said. Sigh. Congratulations to the couple.
All In The Family
Bobbi Kristina, daughter of singer Bobby Brown and the late Whitney Houston, is officially engaged to her god brother-turned-boyfriend, Nick Gordon. After the couple denied for months that they had any plans to walk down the aisle, a clip from their upcoming Lifetime reality show, “The Houstons: On Our Own,” reveals otherwise. I guess congratulations are in order.