- Matt King joins men’s ice hockey as walk-on goaltender
- In his mother’s memory
- Current Craze
- Living the Legend
- Panel of professors explain human rights for minorities
- Accommodating everyday struggles
- Students become finalists in NESN’s ‘Next Producer Contest’
- Students crowd portal for tickets to Yale game
- Putting the ‘UNIVERSITY’ in Quinnipiac
- No. 3 Quinnipiac acrobatics and tumbling falls to No. 2 Oregon
WRECK: York Hill Cafe Hours
Ah, York Hill. The upperclassman wonderland. This state-of-the-art pseudo ski lodge is the bragging right of Quinnipiac University. Students can sit and watch the awe-inspiring view, or work out while watching TV attached to the cardio machines. Convenience is what Quinnipiac intended York Hill to be all about — except when it came to dining.
Of all of the services Quinnipiac offers, you’d think that it could possibly implement a less sporadic schedule for the cafeteria. But, alas, this is not the case. The York Hill cafeteria is not only unpredictable, but incredibly inconvenient. According to QU’s dining website, Dineoncampus.com, the cafeteria is supposed to be open from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Friday. However, Dineoncampus.com does not mention the times the café closes for routine cleanings and unmanned registers, which seems to be at least every few hours. Considering the fact that the York Hill cafeteria is one-third the size of Café Q and one-half the size of the Bobcat Den, does this little food court really need to be cleaned twice as much as its Mount Carmel counterparts? I think not.