- Faculty members, students team up for intramural sports
- University cancels classes for full day on Monday
- No. 1 men’s ice hockey ties Cornell
- Following a delayed opening, the university closed after an hour
- No. 1 men’s ice hockey prepares for home weekend vs. Cornell, Colgate
- A Fresh Start
- Police continue investigation into video that led to sophomore’s arrest
- Get out and vote
- Column: Pay attention to women’s ice hockey
- Sophomore arrested for weapon possession
WRECK: York Hill Cafe Hours
Ah, York Hill. The upperclassman wonderland. This state-of-the-art pseudo ski lodge is the bragging right of Quinnipiac University. Students can sit and watch the awe-inspiring view, or work out while watching TV attached to the cardio machines. Convenience is what Quinnipiac intended York Hill to be all about — except when it came to dining.
Of all of the services Quinnipiac offers, you’d think that it could possibly implement a less sporadic schedule for the cafeteria. But, alas, this is not the case. The York Hill cafeteria is not only unpredictable, but incredibly inconvenient. According to QU’s dining website, Dineoncampus.com, the cafeteria is supposed to be open from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Friday. However, Dineoncampus.com does not mention the times the café closes for routine cleanings and unmanned registers, which seems to be at least every few hours. Considering the fact that the York Hill cafeteria is one-third the size of Café Q and one-half the size of the Bobcat Den, does this little food court really need to be cleaned twice as much as its Mount Carmel counterparts? I think not.